Thursday, December 12, 2013

2013 in review

Well that was fun. 2013 went by far too quickly for my liking. Here is a brief overview of everyone's year.









Evan was born and he is super cute. I love this little dude. He loves to cuddle and just be held. He is always willing to smile and laugh. He (very unlike his sister) has a soft little cry that is so sweet. He is 13 pounds and 22 inches. Very little but growing quick. He has rolled over and is starting to sit up. We did find out he is allergic to milk so he is now on hypoallergenic formula. He loves to laugh at the puppy and daddy. He hates baths and loves to kick his little feet. 













Mina had a great second year of life. She went from baby to toddler before my eyes. She talks A LOT. She loves music, Yo Gabba Gabba, books, coloring circles and bugs, and playing with daddy. She is a daddy's girl through and through. She wasn't so sure about Evan at first but she loves him a lot and always plays with him. Her favorite activities are FaceTime, the Jump Zone, Nursery, and eating French Fries and Pizza. She can count to 10, name her colors, and read her name. Her favorite current phrases are:
-Puppy naked, put some clothes on
- Go to Nanny's house
-Hurry, run
-WESSSSEEEEEEE (screaming for Wesley (dad)
-I wanna call (nana/gpa/nanny/papa/grandude)
-Evan sad mama
-take a bath
-eat


I (Jessa) have had an eventful year. I found out I was pregnant, had hyperemisis, had many visits to the hospital for multiple weird diseases, had a baby, figured out how to take care of two kids, I traveled to lots of fun places, started blogging for adoption.net, and planned a retreat in Pennsylvania for next year. I have really enjoyed having Mina interact with me. Letting her brush my hair, cook with me, read books, and color have all been so much fun for me. 

Wes has been a busy man. He goes to school and works full time. He comes home and plays with the kids then does homework. He works so hard and is doing great in school. I am so thankful for his willingness to work so hard for our family. Wes played Ultimate Frisbee for USU, Softball for 3 leagues, fantasy football for 2 leagues, and he played soccer for a league. Wes tore all the ligaments in his ankle but recovered quickly. 

This year we moved into a new house. It is absolutely gorgeous. 
It is a little house built in 1925. It has so much character, ivy growing on it, and a huge .5 acre yard. There is so much space I don't even know where to begin. We are so blessed. 

Shortly after we moved in we lost our sweetheart Rupert. He was unaccustomed to our house being so close to a big highway. It was incredibly hard. I cried so hard, and still cry quite often. He was my best buddy for 3 years. I love him and can't wait to see him again. 

Mina was walking around the house for days looking for Rupert. Wes and I were heartbroken so we decided to get another puppy. I know it seems heartless to move on so quick but we just couldn't imagine our lives without a loving furry companion. We found out about Bo from a little farmer.  He is a Border Collie Australian Shepherd. He is a big loving puppy who loves to cuddle and chase the frisbee. He is very smart. He and Mina love to play together and be naughty together. 









Hope you have a wonderful holiday and an even better new year! Love you guys lots!

The Speights.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

How may I help you sir or mam?

Wes and Jessa

Daisypath Anniversary tickers