Saturday, August 16, 2014

I didn't wait til marriage to lose my virginity, and I wish I had

I keep seeing this post go around about a girl who waited to lose her virginity. While I agree with some points in the article (I.e sex made out to be shameful and guilt ridden) for the most part, I don't.

I didn't wait to have sex. I had sex with someone I thought I loved and would love me back forever. I lost my virginity at 18 years old. I knew it was something I wasn't supposed to be doing because of my religion and the morals I had been taught, but I did it anyway. Why? Because if he loves me then it's okay.

Further down the road, I was an 18 year old girl who was pregnant. At 18 I didn't even know which way was up half the time. I had to make grown up choices, because I made the grown up naive choice to have unprotected sex. I chose to place that baby for adoption and it was equally the worst, hardest, most beautiful experience of my life.



Further down that road, I met a man. A man I really did love. A man I wanted to spend forever with. He was willing to accept me, he was willing to love me, even though I had already lost my virginity and had a baby.

The problem was every time we had sex I enjoyed it, but then afterwards all I could think about was how I hadn't waited. One time early on in our marriage I had a pain "down there", I was sure it was an std. It wasn't. But it was the first thing that popped into my mind.

I was and still am, emotionally connected to the person I chose to have sex with, and the person I had a baby with. I have a part of me that is emotionally unavailable to my husband, that isn't fair. It isn't fair to me and it isn't fair to my husband.

So while I think sex shouldn't be taught as a shameful thing, I do believe in teaching women it has emotional consequences. I do believe in teaching girls it is best to wait. 

I lost my virginity before I was married and I so so wish I hadn't.

2 comments:

Matthew and Alli said...

I love this Jessa! I have had similar thoughts about this article!

Unknown said...

7 days ago
Am Stella Robeson From London few days ago, so i emailed dr sunny about my bad relationship condition, how my lover left me, how he was with another girl, so dr sunny told me it would take 3 days to get my boyfriend back, i waited for 3 days, unbelievable my boyfriend came to my house asking me if we could try things out again. He broke up with the other girl and we rekindled and got back together, he now show me care and attention. dr sunny was my last hope, my last chance after all the spell casters I tried before,PROPHET AMEDE kept his promise! he is the greatest spell caster on the internet, His email is{ drsunnyspelltrmple@gmail.com}

Post a Comment

How may I help you sir or mam?

Wes and Jessa

Daisypath Anniversary tickers