Sunday, December 14, 2014

Homage to Logan

Although this blog began when Jessa and I were first married this is my first ever blog post. It has been a long time coming. I have never done this before and this post is really for meant to be a memory for myself and hopefully Jessa will enjoy. I apologize for those that follow Jessa and those that are used to her writing style, I don't have a clear direction for this so it might get a little off track and disjointed. So now that I have made clear how my audience is I want to try to compose some things that really capture my love for the city of Logan. I will attempt to write more about Logan itself and some things that I have come to love.

I moved to Logan in January 2009 from Portland, OR to start school at USU. I thought Logan was a quiet little city and much more rural than I was accustomed to. I have spent the last five years of my life here and when I look back it's crazy how different my life is now compared to that single kid clear back in '09. I didn't know it but I met my wife two months after moving here. Believe me there will be a separate blog post about my wife and her accomplishments soon. Living in Logan in the winter really helped me to find my inner snowboard bum self. I didn't do very well my freshman year of school so I decided to spend three days a week at Beaver Mt. instead. So, besides winter activities what else is there to do in Logan? EAT! That's right, I have never seen more restaurants per capita in my life. I feel that this post would be amiss if I didn't give a shout out to some of the local eateries in Cache Valley. God bless the Tandoori Oven, it honestly looks like an after thought as it is connected to a gas station on 1000 N tucked away near campus. Don't be fooled Jessa and I have a fond love for this place and my compliments to the chefs', you will be sorely missed when we move. The rest of these good eats are in no particular order but must be mentioned. Herm's Inn, La Tormenta, El Salvador, Callaway's, Elements, Charlie's ice cream, Takara sushi, Romo's, and Firehouse, you had me at fahzookie. Logan has some great local eats and I will miss them dearly.

Cache Valley is home to a pretty awesome ultimate frisbee community. I have always loved playing sports but my love for ultimate grew ten fold once moving to Logan. I will miss the USULT team and the great ultimate community. Plus, Logan is a beautiful backdrop to huck some disc around.

 The mountains that surround the valley are gorgeous. Logan does a fairly good farmer's market every summer to boot. I have really enjoyed the local cheese and produce from this valley. Gossner's dairy has also become a regular in our household.

Well, to wrap up let me say "thank you" Logan. There is a lot more I could say about Logan but it's hard to sum up my last five years of my life here. It has been in eventful five years of my life. I met my wife, worked at a job I have really come to enjoy, both my kids were born here, all of our pets are from here, I've met some of my dearest friends here, some of the most stressful and tragic events have happened here, the greatest joys and happiest moments of my life have also happened here as well. I'm excited for the next step our family's life and thanks for a great five years Logan, keep it real.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

How may I help you sir or mam?

Wes and Jessa

Daisypath Anniversary tickers